Go Programming Blueprints


Title : Go Programming Blueprints
Edition : 
Year : 2015
Authors : Mat Ryer
Publisher : Packt

Preface
I decided to write Go Programming Blueprints because I wanted to expel the myth that Go, being a relatively young language and community, is a bad choice for writing and iterating on software quickly. I have a friend who knocks out complete Ruby on Rails apps in a weekend by mashing up pre-existing gems and libraries; Rails as a platform has become known for enabling rapid development. Since I do the same with Go and the ever-growing buffet of open source packages, I wanted to share some real-world examples of how we can quickly build and release software that performs great from day one and is ready to scale when our projects take off in a way that Rails cannot compete with. Of course, most scalability happens outside the language, but features like Go's built-in concurrency mean you can get some very impressive results from even the most basic hardware, giving you a head start when things start to get real.
This book explores five very different projects, any of which could form the basis of a genuine start-up. Whether it's a low-latency chat application, a domain name suggestion tool, a social polling and election service built on Twitter, or a random night out generator powered by Google Places, each chapter touches upon a variety of problems that most products or services written in Go will need to address. The solutions I present in the book are just one of many ways to tackle each project, and I would encourage you to make up your own mind about how I approached them. The concepts are more important than the code itself, but you'll hopefully pick up a few tips and tricks here and there that can go into your Go toolbelt.
The process by which I wrote this book might be interesting because it represents something about the philosophies adopted by many agile developers. I started by giving myself the challenge of building a real deployable product (albeit a simple one; minimum viable product if you will) before getting stuck into it and writing a version 1. Once I got it working, I would rewrite it from scratch. It has been said many times by novelists and journalists that the art of writing is rewriting; I have found this to be true for software as well. The first time we write a piece of code, all we are really doing is learning about the problem and how it might be tackled as well as getting some of our thinking out of our heads and onto paper (or into a text editor). The second time we write it, we are applying our new knowledge to actually solve the problem. If you've never tried this, give it a shot—you might find that the quality of your code shoots up quite dramatically as I did. It doesn't mean the second time will be the last time—software evolves and we should try to keep it as cheap and disposable as possible, so we don't mind throwing pieces away if they go stale or start to get in the way.
I write all of my code following Test-driven Development (TDD) practices, some of which we will do together throughout the chapters and some you'll just see the result of in the final code. All of the test code can be found in the GitHub repositories for this book even if it's not included in print.
Once I had my test-driven second versions completed, I would start writing the chapter describing how and why I did what I did. In most cases, the iterative approach I took is left out of the book because it would just add pages of tweaks and edits, which would likely just become frustrating for the reader. However, on a couple of occasions, we will iterate together to get a feel of how a process of gradual improvements and small iterations (starting and keeping it simple and introducing complexity only when absolutely necessary) can be applied when writing Go packages and programs.
I moved to the United States from England in 2012, but that is not why the chapters are authored in American English; it was a requirement from the publisher. I suppose this book is aimed at an American audience, or perhaps it's because American English is the standard language of computing (in British code, properties that deal with color are spelled without the U). Either way, I apologize in advance for any trans-Atlantic slips; I know how pedantic programmers can be. 
Any questions, improvements, suggestions, or debates (I love how opinionated the Go community—as well as the core team and the language itself—is) are more than welcome. These should probably take place in the GitHub issues for the book set up specifically at https://github.com/matryer/goblueprints so that everybody can take part.
Finally, I would be thrilled if somebody forms a start-up based on any of these projects, or makes use of them in other places. I would love to hear about it; you can tweet me at @matryer and let me know either way.

DOWNLOAD (MEGA) | DOWNLOAD (SOLIDFILE) | DOWNLOAD (UPTOBOX)

Password zip : gratissebook.blogspot.co.id

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software Architecture with Python

Learning Docker 2nd Edition

Raspberry Pi for Secret Agents